Title: Print Consultant (with Post Production)
An established, dynamic consulting company with a modern, global view of the advertising industry is seeking a professional who is able to multi‐task in a fast‐paced environment to oversee a key Client Accounts.
Overall responsible for the successful management of all print production for multiple brands. As a member of a team of production specialists and will work directly with clients and their agencies to maintain standards of production in accordance with the clients’ production guidelines, culture and needs.
The scope of Print Subject Matter Expert (“SME”) responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Understands the full design creation process including: photoshoots, design, retouching, color correction (Press-ready mechanicals, proofing, prototyping, paper purchasing, tooling, printing, finishing and logistics could be useful)
Knowledge of Retail Marketing: Consumer, Beauty, Displays, Shippers and Packaging would be useful.
- Assist with budget discussions (ballpark estimates) and bid negotiations with agency management and stakeholders
- Have good knowledge of current Photographers skills and rates as well as usage rates
- Review specs, schedules and budgets
- Conduct cost estimates for production, post-production, talent/models, agency travel, music, etc.
- Negotiate costs and bids with agencies; identify areas for efficiencies, calculate savings, and identify cost drivers and input data into APR Database
- Look for opportunities to leverage, archive and repurpose creative assets
- Participate in production meetings (from pre-bid or before to post) for advertising campaigns
- Attend pre-production meetings and shoots as necessary
- Participate in post-production process by reviewing rough cuts, overages and facilitating costs and scheduling communications with clients and agencies
Post Production Expertise
- Understands full design creation workflow to include the production to manufacturing process for complicated retail items
- Has attended press checks and worked with commercial printers
- Comfortable taking numerous estimates, and establishing baselines in Excel
- Knowledge of commercial printing supplier base in UK/EU and best practices
- Estimate complex work for retail displays, promotional merchandise and point of sale for print and manufactured goods
- Estimate work for logistics, kitting and fulfillment
- Review media plans to find composite sizing and recommend optimization