Job Title: Video SME
Advertising Production Resources (APR)
Job Location: Lithuania
Type: Independent Contract work
APR is an established, dynamic production consulting company with a modern, global view of the advertising industry is seeking a Subject Matter Expert professional who is able to multi‐task in a fast‐paced environment to oversee a key Client account. APR believes in our 5 Core Values Always Learning, Team Player, Leader, Authentic, and Work-Hard Play-Hard.
Overall responsibility will be the successful management of all production for on line video content long form and short form, scripted and unscripted with multiple creative partners. You will be part of a team of production specialists and will work directly with clients and their production vendors to maintain standards of production, vet production vendors and costs and review timelines and production approach for risk management with an understanding of client culture and needs.
The scope of Video SME responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the budget discussions (ballpark estimates) and bid negotiations with client and production partners.
- Review production specs, schedules and budgets
- Cost estimates for production including film/photography shoots, post-production, talent, music
- Negotiate costs and bids with vendors; identify areas for efficiencies, calculate savings, and identify cost drivers and input data into APR Database.
- Look for opportunities to leverage, archive and repurpose creative assets
- A long format line producer who can keep the company on time and on budget
- Can vet local vendors for quality, and work quickly
- Must collaborate and work directly with APR clients and their partners
- Participate in production meetings (from pre-bid or before to post) for the advertising campaigns and attend any pre-production meetings and shoots (as necessary and requested by client).
- Participate in post-production process by reviewing rough cuts as necessary, reviewing overages and facilitating communication between client and agency regarding costs and schedule.
- Track value-add defined as minimizing risk, improving processes/communication and managing expectations
- Prepare job summary for each job, define and share observations, identify efficiencies, and detail steps to implement efficiencies.
- Must be able to collaborate and see the big picture as well as manage multiple personalities and projects.
- Must be an excellent communicator both verbal and in written format
- Help optimize spending, without compromising quality
- Standardize processes and provide education and training to clients and their agencies
- Experience with live action production, post production and animation
- Continually hone and develop your own knowledge and skills to further assist you with your work at APR.
- May be asked to assist PS in developing and sharing case studies across APR.
- Ability to work in home office
- Must be able to work independently
- Work is completed in a standard office environment or remotely
- Sitting approximately 90% of time and working at computer 90% of time
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, stoop, reach, bend throughout the course of the work day
- Ability to work on computers including repetitive use of a keyboard and mouse for long periods throughout the course of the work day
- Ability to vary work day and location as needed, based on the needs of APR staff nationally, globally, and associated meetings
- Ten (10+) years’ experience producing TV commercials (some combination of working on at the agency, client or production vendors)
- Outgoing, friendly, positive & ‘can‐do’ personality
- Verbally articulate; excellent writing skills
- Computer proficiency (Internet, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Working understanding of technology and information distribution: FTP, intranet, DAM systems and other tools
- Collaborative: work as part of a team - unafraid to share knowledge
- Independent, work without day-to-day oversight
- Outstanding leadership qualities: manage a team of seasoned professionals AND administrative help
- Organized, able to handle quantities of disparate information and recognize opportunities
- Willing and able to travel, as necessary
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor.